Description: This course meets the EMSA First Aid/CPR/AED Title 22, Section 100023 requirements, established April 1, 2015. This course provides current First Aid/CPR instructors with the required skills to instruct the EMSA First Aid/CPR/AED course.
- Provide current instructors with the skills to meet EMSA requirements
- Provide current instructors with mass casualty incident response skills
- EMSA topics to include Tactical Casualty Care Principles, Hemostatic Dressings, Wound Packing, Chest Seals, AED, Dental Emergencies, and Tourniquets
- Understand local optional skills approval process from LEMSA
• Evaluation of current First Aid/CPR/AED standards
• Integration with EMS during criminal mass casualty incidents
• Tactical Casualty Care including Tourniquets and “Stop the Bleeding” procedures
• Assisting victims with Naloxone, Metered Dose inhalers, Auto-Injectors, and locally approved processes
Who Should Attend: Peace officers or current First Aid/CPR instructors who support Basic Academy and/or agency training programs. The course is also open to other trainers who are subject to EMSA Title 22, Section 100023 standards established April 1, 2015.
Length and Cost: 8 hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
POST-approved, non-reimbursable fee: $226
POST Reimbursement Plan IV
1 W. Campbell Ave, Campbell, CA 95008
Orchard City Banquet Hall